Moms are amazing, each one in their own unique way. I’ve been racking my brain to come up with a way to honor moms that’s also unique and truly gives them the appreciation they deserve. To help me get in the right frame of mind I surveyed some of the moms in my life to find out what they think about being a mom.
After speaking with them, I realized they don’t necessarily need or want anything extravagant. So, instead of sharing a story as I traditionally do, I’d like to suggest that you ask the moms in your life about being a mom and what that means to them. If you listen intently, you’ll likely learn many things you never knew. Moms are always teaching us.
Here are some questions you may consider asking the moms in your life:
• What is the single most important thing in the world to you?
• What do you like most about being a mom?
• What do you feel you’re expected to be or do, because you’re a mom?
• What’s the most challenging experience you’ve had since becoming a mother?
• What did you learn from that challenge?
• What’s the best experience you’ve ever had as a mom?
• If there were one thing you would change about how mothers are treated, what would that be?
• If you had no children, what would you do with your time?
Finding the answers to these questions was a wonderful experience for me. You’ll probably be very surprised at some of the answers you get. On this Mother’s Day (May 13th by the way), show the moms in your life how much you truly care about, and appreciate them. All of your lives will be better because of it.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms of the world!